The Program Committee for Samvera Connect 2019 is inviting proposals for workshops to be held on Tuesday 22nd October. Workshops may potentially be 1.5 hours, 3 hours or 6 (2×3) hours long. This is the first of our CFPs because we like to have our workshop list complete by the time delegates make their travel plans for the conference. The CFPs for presentations and panels, posters, and lightning talks will follow in due course.
Please feel free to propose a workshop that you would like to run yourself or with colleagues. Please also feel free to propose a workshop that you would like to see run by someone else on a topic that you would find beneficial. In either case, please use the form linked below.
If you are proposing to run a workshop you will be asked to provide us with:
- the workshop title
- the name(s) of the presenters
- email address of main presenter
- length of workshop (1.5 hrs, 3hrs, 6hrs)
- the target audience (Developers, UI/UX, Administrators, System Admins/DevOps, Metadata, Managers, Newcomers, other)
- the expected learning outcomes for the participants
- a description (no more than 200 words or so) for the conference program
- any technology that participants will need to provide
- the maximum number of participants you would want
Closing date 14th May. Notifications should be expected by the end of the month.
If you are requesting a workshop, you will be asked to give us:
- a suggested title
- the knowledge or skills you would like the workshop to impart
- if you can, the name(s) of anyone you think might be willing to deliver the workshop